The Congress Heights Community Training and Development Corporation is seeking willing and able individuals to work as Census Ambassadors in Ward 7&8.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be an advocate for the 2020 Census amongst your peers
- Door to door canvassing of neighborhoods in Wards 7 and 8 with high hard-to-count populations
- Provide customer service to residents seeking more information on the materials which you will be responsible for distributing
- Traveling to the specified work sites
- Be able to follow instructions
- Be able to read directions on a map
Ambassadors will earn $15 per hour worked
Each ambassador must complete a W9 with their correct information for tax purposes.
How to apply and qualify?
- You must attend one of the following hiring events:
Census Ambassador Hiring Event Day One
January 29, 2020
4 pm - 6 pm
Dorothy I Height Library
3955 Benning Road, NE
Washington, DC 20019
Census Ambassador Hiring Event Day Two
January 30, 2020
4 pm - 6 pm
Malcolm X Opportunity Center
(enter using Congress Street)
1351 Alabama Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20032
- Complete the job application for Census Ambassador
- Bring a COPY of your District of Columbia Driver's License or Identification Card (ID) to the hiring event.